Teddies for Loving Care 'TLC' Appeal
The children take the Teddy home with them.
- The appeal has a simple objective: for Freemasons to provide teddies to A&E Units
- For the Medical Staff to give, at their discretion, to children who are in severe distress
- And where the Staff feels that a Teddy to cuddle will help alleviate that distress
- And assist them in their urgent work
How it works
The beauty of the Appeal is its simplicity. Through individual Lodges, brethren buy 'TLC' Merchandise and the sale of this Merchandise allows us to purchase the Teddies, which are then donated to the A&E Units.
It's as simple as that!
Benefits to the community in general
The use of the Teddies, within the A&E Units, has proved to have beneficial effects on the child admitted, by relieving the distress they face and alleviating the fear of being treated by a complete stranger.
The Teddies are used in various way
'Mason', marking the 5,000th Bear, is on display within the 'Children's Area' of Arrowe Park A&E Department.
- As something for the Staff to befriend the child with
- For the Child to cuddle
- As a reward for being brave
- For Staff to demonstrate what they are going to do
Number of Bears
distributed throughout Cheshire